Friday, June 27, 2014

The Mantra Table

There's a dining table on my back patio. Not unusual. Many people have such things. In this case, it's a table I rescued from being thrown out with the trash & refinished ... well, am in the constant process of refinishing. I call it my "mantra table".

Most of you know that I paint ... it's a great way to quiet my mind when I'm stressed or worried. This table constantly gets updates, new colors, new words of theoretical wisdom ... two days ago I was repainting many of the words that had gotten worn down. Ones like "truth", "support", "insight", "hope", "strength", "love", etc. Normally, I put a coat of polyurethane over the dried paint to protect it from the weather. Unfortunately, we had a series of thunderstorms happen before I could accomplish that. I came out today to realize that most of what I had done had been washed away by the storms. The only word that held? "Insight".

To me, that's a sign. In most cases, I paint and repaint that table in an effort to quell the fears and quiet the negative thoughts. To have "insight" as the only word remaining caused me to contemplate the meaning of a clean slate. Going back over that which you constantly battle daily isn't always the best healing process. Letting go and starting over with a fresh canvas, or clean slate is a much more positive way of thinking. Hanging on to that which is past and cannot be changed is rarely a healthy activity.

So now, I need your help. I'd like to create positive word mantras of every language for this table. You can send them to me via comment on this blog (I won't post the comments if you tell me not to), send them to me on Twitter or Facebook, or via email, it doesn't matter. Send them in your language or mine ... I want to create a table that's a positive world of mantras. Not just my own. The "slate" is now clean. Let's start filling it with new positives in every language!

~ The Girl In The Little Black Dress

Twitter: @GirlInThLBD

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/GirlInTheLittleBlackDress

2 comments:

Stephen Lamar Wilson said...

Renew, rebirth, reborn, reinvented!

The Girl In The Little Black Dress said...

Love these! I've also gotten Imagine, New Day, Dream, Inspire, Hope, & Laugh. Keep them coming everyone! :)