Saturday, July 9, 2011

Continuing Towards 2.0 ... The Ongoing Saga

Cleaning out the attic ... don't know about everyone else, but I had totally forgotten about the majority of the things that I found. Some of it basic out of sight out of mind moments ... some of it full of memories. The pictures that used to be on my now high school senior daughter's walls (framed Disney prints) remind me of all the bedtime books and playing Barbie moments. Good memories. The bag of sports equipment reminds me of arguments long gone between my now ex-husband & I ... not so great memory. I've learned a lot since these things went up in that attic. Important things about myself, my children, my friends ... who I am, what I want, and what I'm willing to deal with and sacrifice. I'm selling it all ... getting the house ready to put on the market. There are times in our lives where it is best to own things and are ready to support them. There are also times in our lives where it is best to simply rent what we need, and look ahead to the better future that we make for ourselves where we own things again. I am entering a period of the latter. No matter. What will be will be, and just because it requires effort and a bit of elbow grease or creative thinking, doesn't mean it isn't the best choice. Continuing down the road towards Life 2.0! Pull up the Big Girl Knickers & Move Forward!! Honestly, I can't wait to see what the newest version of life brings to the kids and I when we arrive!! :) ~ The Girl In the Little Black Dress

No comments: