Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Terrible Awful eXtra-issues Day

Tax Day. A title that is both ominous, & hopeful.  One can definitively look forward to a few hours of mind numbing numbers calculations, & hopefully look forward to a refund as the end result .. like a savings account you forgot you had. The alternative is after all those mind numbing numbers, one discovers that they owe additional money to a government that they may or may not agree with. Not as happy a occurrence.

While I agree that taxes are a necessary entity to keep the government running & its employees paid, why must they be so intricate and stressful? I don't know how it is in other countries,  having only lived in the US, but should all taxes require having to answer questions about things you don't know the meaning of?? I'm a full time student that only works as an artistic contractor sporadically, yet there are various lettered "schedules" that I have to navigate in order to complete this tax ordeal, regardless of the fact that technically I earn yearly an amount that's akin to poverty level. Why must this be so involved & stressful?

What's the reason we can't just pay a dead fixed amount on what we make at any level, then the government handles its budget off that total citizen amount each year? No stupid extras for the politicians that none of us agreed to, no special interest incentives, just basic math!

I suppose my view of what Should be is the proverbial Utopia, but that's my view & I make no apologies!  Guess that's why I'm registered as "unaffiliated" :)

~ The Girl In The Little Black Dress

No comments: